Come Work With Us!
Creative Women of the World is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering women through access and opportunity so that they can overcome the effects of poverty. We are a local nonprofit with a downtown retail store which carries fair trade goods made by artisans from over 50 countries. The retail store’s goal is not only to provide an amazing retail experience, but also to tell the stories about the direct impact these products have on the lives of our artisans, their families, and communities.
About the position:
We are seeking a friendly, responsible, and trustworthy person to fill a Storyteller position at our fair trade retail store located at 125 W. Wayne St., Fort Wayne, IN. Applicants should have a passion for fair trade and our mission. The majority of the Storyteller’s time will be spent on the sales floor interacting with customers, talking about our mission, and telling the stories of our products and their makers. The position will also require assisting with social media content creation, keeping the store neat and clean, and merchandising products, as needed.
The responsibilities include:
- Welcoming customers, sharing our mission, and telling artisan stories.
- Using Shopify, our point-of-sale system to sell merchandise. 90% of this position will be working the sales floor, interacting with customers, and checking out customer purchases.
- Maintaining an attractive store environment through regular cleaning and stocking shelves with products.
- Contributing to the sales growth of the store through outstanding customer service.
- Work and attend off-site shows or special events as assigned (in-store programs, holiday markets, annual fundraiser, etc.).
- Assist with social media content creation (Instagram and Facebook)
- 2 or more years of customer service and/or retail experience is preferred.
- This position requires a friendly demeanor, excellent communication skills, with the ability to multitask, and using our point-of-sale system.
- Basic knowledge of social media and a desire to interact with customers in a digital realm.
- Must be self-motivated, enjoy talking with the public, attention to detail, and be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Creativity is a plus!
- By applying for this position, the applicant acknowledges that a background check might be required.
Pay rate and hours:
- $11 per hour
- Regular hours are as follows: Thursdays, 12 - 4 pm; Fridays 12 - 4 pm, and Saturdays 10 am - 5 pm.
- Holiday hours (November & December) are Thursdays, 12 - 5 pm; Fridays, 12 - 5 pm; and Saturdays 10 am - 6 pm; Extra hours as needed.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your resume and cover letter at Creative Women of the World, 125 W. Wayne St. Fort Wayne, IN.
Questions? Contact Alison McPhearson, Store Manager at email@example.com